Who Offers the Best Homeowners Insurance in Texas?
Floods, earthquakes, hail storms, and hurricanes, are just some of the natural disasters a Texas homeowner must be aware of. So, when searching for the best homeowners insurance in Southlake, Texas, there are a few things you’ll need to look for in your coverage. These often include customer service, what’s covered in a standard homeowners policy, and what is not covered in the insurance policy offered. This article will briefly discuss what we believe are the best homeowners insurance companies in Southlake, Texas.
What’s the Cheapest Homeowners Insurance in Southlake, Texas?
Hippo Home Insurance
Hippo home insurance is a relatively new player in the insurance industry. Established in 2015, the company focuses on providing policies that provide the coverage needed for the modern-day homeowner. For example, homeowners who choose to go with this company receive complementary smart home devices, a range of discounts, and access to the Hippo-Home Care services. As an added benefit, their standard homeowners’ insurance policies have higher coverage for electronic, and in fact, it’s 4x higher than the average insurance provider.
While they don’t offer an insurance bundling discount, they offer many other perks to their customers. Some of which include:
- A protective devices discount: By simply installing protective devices throughout your home, for example, a sprinkler system, storm shutters, etc., you’ll immediately qualify for a discount. Now, that’s what we call an easy way to start saving!
- Homeowners Association discount: If you’re a part of the HOA, you can start saving on your insurance premiums.
- Smart Home discount: Make smart decisions by installing the smart home system provided by the company. The system allows homeowners to control lighting and appliances within their homes. The self-monitoring system also includes carbon monoxide alarms, smoke detectors, and motion sensors to be added to a home.
Progressive Insurance is the 3rd largest car insurance provider in the USA. The insurance company sits at the top of our list as they offer customizable auto insurance policies you can tweak to your advantage. Some of the optional coverages you can include in your auto insurance from Progressive include pet injury protection, which includes the collision coverage policy, gap insurance where if your car is totaled, Progressive pays up to 25% above the actual value of your car, and more. Apart from their many optional add-ons, this affordable insurance company offers a range of auto insurance discounts that can help you save money! Some of their auto insurance discounts in Texas include:
- Multi-policy discount for those who choose to bundle their home and auto insurance with Progressive
- Snapshot good driver program: The program allows drivers to put their driving skills to the test! But it’s not as bad as you think. If you’re a good driver, then you’ll receive discounts for your good driving.
- Good student discount: Progressive offers families the opportunity to receive a good student discount (up to 10% in savings) for young adults that maintain a “B” average or higher grade in school.
MetLife Insurance Company
MetLife Insurance was acquired by Farmers Insurance in April of 2021. The insurance company currently offers both homeowners and auto insurance discounts along with multiple discounts and benefits. Apart from the standard homeowners’ insurance policies, MetLife also offers various other insurance types available through the workplace. Included in these insurance types are pet insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, and more. MetLife is considered to be one the best insurance companies in Southlake, Texas, for many reasons:
- Firstly, they estimate that customers who switch to their Auto and Home insurance policies can save up to $592 on their insurance policies each year.
- The company also offers additional options you can add to your standard car insurance policy. These include gap insurance, new car replacement, deductible savings benefit, and more.
- MetLife standard homeowners insurance policy also includes free identity theft protection. You can tweak your homeowner’s insurance policy by adding options like replacement cost coverage and contents replacement coverage.
- Finally, as with most of our insurance companies, MetLife offers discounts to those who choose to bundle their car and home insurance.
So, How Do I Get Insurance from my Home in Southlake, Texas?
Ready to save money on your homeowners’ insurance? Before you purchase a policy, we highly recommend speaking to one of our agents at our agency. James Little Agency is an independent insurance agent who can provide quotes from multiple insurance companies. We work for you, the policyholder, and not the insurance company! Our team of professional agents can sit and discuss what homeowners’ insurance coverage you require in Texas and what’s the best insurance agency for you. We can even help you obtain discounts to reduce your premiums. So, talk to us today to learn more about the best homeowners insurance in Southlake, Texas.